Tuesday, November 14, 2006

If you love something...


... set it free
If it comes back,
Its yours..
If it doesn't,
It never was...

He that loves a butterfly must be ready to lose it, for to capture a butterfly is to kill its spirit, and what you have left is not the free thing you loved at all, but a shadow, at best...

Who can enclose in his fist, the water that is to be held in the hollow of the hand?

Yes it's certainly not easy. And I know it hurts. But there really is no other way. A spirit that is free can not be held, it must escape someday from bondage. Or die. The only way to love a free soul is to allow it to be free, not attempting it to hold it captive. For if you are loved back in equal measure, you will be loved out of free will...



2 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger an autumn leaf for all seasons said...

I was barely 14 when I first read this quote. Loved this quote as much I loved his books. And having grown up reading his books along with many others', you and I realise there are gulls who think like we do :-) ~ Gulls who want to fly high! :-)

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Rashmi said...

Umm... I have to admit I don't know whose quote this is... I used to have a small poster on my wall with this written, when I was in school... and have never been able to forget it... who's the author?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home